Hannibal crossing the Alps and leadership !
Today, we are going back to the antiquity times and talk about the magnificent feat done by the military commander of ancient Carthage, Hannibal.
Hannibal was a politician, statesman and military commander of ancient Carthage, famous for his victories against Roman forces and occupation of much of Italy for 15 years, until a counter-invasion of North Africa forced his return to Carthage, where he was decisively defeated at the Battle of Zama by Scipio Africanus.
During the Second Punic War, he realized the legendary march across the Alps onto Italy with war elephant. When Hannibal told to its generals his plan to cross the Alps with elephants in order to take the Roman army by surprise, They all said that it was impossible and he simply replied :
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam. (In Latin)
I will either find a way, or make one.
And against the odds, he succeed in his endeavor. As much as teamwork, leadership is another important part in a digital marketing campaign. But who can be this new “Hannibal” ?
First, It is someone who can accomplish something great and/or something unique and most of the time, it happens by defying the conventional thinking of his time.
Second, even though more than two thousand years have passed since Hannibal crossed the Alps, the “Hannibal”-to be must have the basics elements of what it takes to be a successful leader. They are simple and obvious:
1. Able to motivating its team to share the same vision;
2. Inspire the team through example;
3. Show a sense of duty and responsibility to those who trust
4. Have the capacity to see a problem and the skill to fix it;
5. Able to develop and maintain proper perspective on yourself in the face of success or adversity;
6. Have the capacity of setting and achieving goals
7. Able to understand people’s limits and knowing when to drive hard and when to ease up on both subordinates and competitors.